Thursday 4 July 2013

Favourite of the Week

I love, love, LOVE to cook, and until recently it had been a downfall of mine according to my waist line, as ALL people who love to cook will know, if you love to cook you LOVE LOVE LOOOOVE Food!!! I just had to change the way I cooked food and what ingredients to make my meals cleaner, more nutritious and still kid and husband approved which is a winner in my books! 

This is my most recent thumbs up from my Lover so I thought I would share it here for you guys to try and rate too, so simple and really yummy this is our Favourite for the week. xxx


MY SPICY TURKEY, KALE AND MUSHROOM STUFFED CAPSICUM




INGREDIENTS: 

500g turkey mince
1 onion finely, diced
12 button mushrooms, sliced
A bunch of Kale (leaves only), cut into ribbons
4 red capsicums, tops cut off, deseeded and rinsed
250ml all natural chicken stock, salt reduced
2 tsp Chilli
2 tbs of light soy sauce

METHOD: 

Preheat the oven to 200 degrees then place empty capsicum shells in for 10-12 minutes or until starting to slightly soften

Brown the turkey mince and onion in a large frypan then add in the mushrooms and kale, cook on high until vegetables soften

Mix the stock, chilli and light soy sauce before adding to the pan, bring to the boil then reduce to simmer for 5 minutes

Fill the half roasted capsicum shells with the turkey and vegetables then return to the oven for 20 minutes or until capsicum is starting to get a golden colour

ENJOY!!!!

P.S for an added boost of protein and superfood goodness try mixing cooked quinoa into the turkey and vegetable stuffing.






No comments:

Post a Comment